Kinsale Shark Awards
Advertising, Digital & Design Rules of Entry
- Each entry must have appeared in the public domain between the dates of June 1st 2016 and August 31st 2017 and only work which has been commissioned by an Advertiser may be entered. Speculative entries are not permitted and the Kinsale Sharks board may seek further proof that an entry has run publicly at any time before or after judging.
- Work entered at any previous Kinsale Shark Awards Festival may not be entered, even if it was in a different category than the one that is now being considered.
- Entries which have had a complaint upheld by an Advertising Standards Body, Broadcast Standards Body, Design Standards Body, Online Standards Body will not be accepted.
- Please be aware that all entrants are required to pay VAT on all entries but [keep reading it’s good news] VAT can be reclaimed from the Irish Revenue Commissioners.
- Any entry that has not been paid in full before the first round of judging will be withdrawn.
- Hard copy entries will not be returned to the entrant.
- The jury reserves the right not to make any award in any category if the creative standard has not been met.
- Entrants agree that any work uploaded to our entry system and put forward for judging may also be screened publicly to an audience at The Kinsale Shark Awards Festival, on the Sharks website and App. You agree that all copyrights and permissions have been obtained and that you have fully complied with all regulatory bodies.
SHORT FILMS RULES OF ENTRY
- You agree that The Film may be screened to a private audience at the Festival on 21 Sept 2017.
- The Film must have been “completed” and “aired" no earlier than 1st January 2016.
- We do accept films that have been published on the internet as well as films on the short film circuit.
- You grant us permission, if requested, to use a still image (of your choice) for publicity purposes on our website and social media pages.
- The Film should be no longer than 15 minutes excluding Opening Titles and Credits. No Colour Bars or Black Sequences before or after The Film.
- Any film that has been entered into a previous Sharks Shorts festival is not eligible.
- Optional: English Subtitles will help the jurors “understand” Films submitted in their Original Language.
- The Film will be pre-judged during August 17 to create a manageable shortlist for our Jurors to Judge. This will be done by the staff and management team at Kinsale Sharks who are a collection of independent writers, director and producers. We will email confirmation The Film has been received for consideration.
- Closing date for entries is 31 August 17.
- If your Film is selected for judging we will contact you by 8 September 2017.
- You agree that all copyrights and permissions have been obtained and that you have fully complied with Vimeo’s Terms and Conditions.
NEW DIRECTORS RULES OF ENTRY
- There are two categories; 'Best International New Director' and 'Best New Irish New Director'
- The work submitted must have been completed no earlier than 1 June 2015.
- The Director may not have directed any other work before this date, otherwise he/she cannot be considered as 'New'.
- You may enter more than 1 piece of work, but must be submitted as part of the same video file.
- Work can include; test or spec spots, TV or web commercials, music videos, short films and any web content under 15 mins long (not including cutdowns).
- Work previously entered at Kinsale in New Directors is not eligible.
- The overall entries will be pre-judged to create a 'Shortlist' for our Delegates to judge in Kinsale. This will be done by a sub-committee of industry professionals.
- The Shortlist will be published on our website in Early September
- The two winners will be decided by Kinsale Delegates at a screening of The Shortlisted New Directors on Saturday 23rd September 2017